Here at The Piermont we understand that the past year has been a challenging time for everyone. Our mission is to support our clients and guide them through these challenging times.
To ensure we are meeting and exceeding all CDC guidelines we have outlined a protocol below that will include the following:
Before and after events:
● All surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized
● Hand sanitizer will be available at all entrances and throughout the facility
● All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized throughout each event
● Tables will be limited to a maximum of 10 guests
● Each event will have a Safety Manager on staff to ensure all protocols are followed
● Bathroom attendants will be sanitizing restroom facilities every 20 minutes
● Before each shift, every employee will have their temperature checked and
screened for symptoms. If they do not pass the screening, they will not be able
to work their shift until clearance from a doctor.
● All employees will be mandated to wear face coverings at all times
● All staff will receive extensive training on safety measures
We are excited to share that we finally have some details from the governor regarding COVID-19 restrictions and how it will impact your big day! We are positive about the future and believe restrictions will continue to ease as we approach the spring and summer months. With that being said, we advise that any events through May of 2021 use these current guidelines as a baseline and events from June forward should expect larger gathering amounts (hopefully). Please read below as to the guidelines set forth starting March 15th, 2021.
Effective March 15th, 2021 all events above the State's social gathering limit (currently 50 people the state social gathering limit will increase to 100 people as of 4/2/21) must comply with the following requirements:
– Curfew: All events will have a curfew of 12am (Midnight).
– Capacity: Our 2nd floor ballroom (Bridgeview Suite) will have a max of 150 guests. Our 1st floor ballroom (Ocean Room) will have a max of 125 guests. This maximum number INCLUDES the Bride & Groom as well as children but does NOT include staff or vendors. These maximum capacities will be reflected as the new contract minimum, unless your existing contract minimum is lower than this number.
We understand that this is a trying time for everyone and there will be scenarios in which client's have out of town guests attending or elderly family members and can not meet these new minimum requirements. In such cases, please reach out to discuss further as we will continue to
accomodate the needs of our clients through these difficult times.
– Contact Information for Tracing: The Client will be responsible to supply The Piermont with all contact tracing information for every attendee. This must be handed in AT LEAST 14 days prior to the event. (Full Name, Date of Birth, Address, Email & Phone Number will be required
for each guest attending).
As per the guidelines, The Piermont will notify the Suffolk County Health Department of yourevent and will maintain a record of contact tracing information for 28 days after the event.
– COVID Testing: All attendees must receive a negative diagnostic test result for COVID-19 using a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or other nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs) of comparable analytical sensitivity performance that was performed on a specimen (e.g., swab) collected within 72 hours of the event start time. Negative test results for COVID-19 from a FDA authorized antigen test performed on a specimen collected within 6 hours of the event start time is also acceptable. All attendees must present proof of the negative diagnostic test result (e.g., mobile application, paper form) to event staff immediately upon arrival to the event. Alternatively, attendees may provide proof of having completed the COVID-19 vaccination series at least 14 days prior to the date of the event. PRINTED Proof of vaccination or Negative Test will be required upon arrival to the venue. All events will be required to have one security guard on site. The security will assist in collecting negative covid tests and/or proof of vaccination. They will also assist in making sure all attendees are wearing a mask. Security will be a $300 fee added to all contracts.
– Social Distancing: All attendees must practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of, at least, six feet from other individuals, except for members of the same immediate party/household/family.
– Table Settings: All table settings will be limited to a maximum of 10 guests.
– Face Coverings: All attendees, employees and event staff must wear acceptable face coverings at all times; provided, however, that attendees may remove their face coverings when seated at their assigned table to eat or drink. The face covering requirement applies to any attendee over the age of two. Temporary removal of face coverings will be allowed for individuals presenting/speaking at the event, provided that such attendee maintains 12 feet of social distance from other attendees.
– Activities: Live music, entertainment and dancing will be permitted. Live music performers and other entertainers, particularly if unmasked or playing a wind instrument, must be separated from attendees by either 12 feet or an appropriate physical barrier. Select attendees may participate in ceremonial dances with members of their immediate party so long as they maintain six feet of separation from other attendees throughout the dance. Attendees may dance with members of their same immediate party who are seated at their table as long as they are spaced at least six feet apart from any other dancing. Attendees must wear face coverings while dancing.
– Food: Cocktail Hour Stations will have dividers and each station will be staffed. A selection of passed hors d'oeuvres will be set up on a buffet station to limit touching of shared surfaces by attendees. Passed Desserts will be served family style to the table with cake and dessert.